We are urgently looking to hire Field Journeyman Heavy Equipment Mechanic / Technician for a reputed Oil & Gas client in Fort MacMurray, AB.
Position Title: Field Journeyperson Heavy Equipment Technician, Fort MacMurray
Rotation – 1 week on and 1 week off or 2 weeks on & 1 week off (Negotiable)
As a Field Heavy Equipment Technician, reporting to the Fleet Supervisor, you will be responsible for the preventative maintenance and repair of fleet of equipment in the field. You will work closely with Operations including Supervisors and Operators to ensure the effective operations of our fleet equipment. This is a field-based position (accommodations in camp) and you will be performing all job duties out of a service truck.
· Perform scheduled preventative maintenance, repairs, testing, visual inspections, and diagnosis of fleet equipment in the field.
.Perform testing and inspection to ensure repairs are complete and in compliance with manufacture specifications and government regulations and standards.
.Assist in troubleshooting, researching, and sourcing information for complex repairs.
.Conduct field inspections, preventative maintenance, and repairs, both scheduled and random
.Provide troubleshooting, course of action for emergency repairs.
.Maintains and completes accurate preventative maintenance documentation and service records.
· Journeyperson Heavy Equipment Technician
· Experience in the repair and maintenance of water, vacs
· Class 5 License with Q Endorsement
· Safety tickets including First Aid, H2S and CSO
· Minimum of five (5) years’ experience working with heavy equipment, tractors, trailers and light trucks OR combination of education and experience.
· Experience in diagnosing, troubleshooting and repairing electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical issues
· Ability to read schematics, drawings, or manuals to assist with diagnosis and repair of heavy equipment.
· Excellent communication skills both verbally and written.
· Clean Drivers’ Abstract
· Pre-employment alcohol and drug testing
Contract length: 12 months
Pay: $40.00-$45.00 per hour