Our client a major Oil & Gas player in the project service area is urgently hiring a a full time permanent Project Supervisor for their Fort MacMurray location. This is 15 days on and 7 days off fly in and fly out job.
Reporting directly to the Field Operations Manager, the Project Supervisor will be responsible for overseeing the onsite day to day operations of the projects including safety, compliance, performance management and client satisfaction.
• Oversee the day–to-day operations of any given project including ensuring we have competent operators on-site and all equipment issues are handled promptly.
• Onboard, train and supervise operators on-site, including mentoring of green employees.
• Assess operator competencies to specific standard operating procedures. • Monitor and evaluate employee performance and conduct evaluations.
• Carry out corrective/disciplinary action as required and observe behaviors to ensure improvements have been implemented.
• Implement, execute, and maintain safety meetings and initiatives.
• Manage hazard ID’s and near misses.
• Responsible to support HSE and co-lead incident reporting and investigations. • Review drivers logs for accuracy and approve operator timesheets.
• Ensure service tickets are completed accurately and sent to the office in a timely manner.
• Ensure compliance to clients’ equipment maintenance and inspection program.
• Maintain constant and effective communications between the Field Operations Manager, Field Mechanics and Client Representatives.
• Ensure all operators have the proper safety training and coordinating any applicable courses/orientations based on project requirements.
• Participate in the hiring, selection and orientation of new operators as required
Experience and Qualifications
• Minimum of five years of Supervisor experience in the oil & gas industry, with water and vacuum service experience preferred.
• Ability to communicate clear expectations and hold team members accountable while managing time effectively.
• Demonstrate an uncompromising commitment to safety.
• Strong mechanical ability to troubleshoot mechanical issues from the field.
• Experience with scheduling and dispatching operators and equipment.
• Excellent teamwork, interpersonal skills and the ability to manage conflict.
• Proactive in planning and coordinating work activities, while identifying opportunities for improvement.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with operations, fleet maintenance service team and customers.
• Exceptional positive and professional attitude.
• Experience with computer applications such as Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel).
• Valid Alberta Class 1 drivers’ license is required.
Pay: $80,000.00-$90,000.00 per year